WE ARE COMMITTED TO
the environment and sustainable development
As a responsible corporate citizen, SOBEZONE is committed to protecting human health, natural resources and the local and global environment. SOBEZONE strives to reduce these impacts as much as possible by setting appropriate goals and targets. We are committed to continuously improving our operations to ensure that we reduce our environmental footprint. Specifically, we commit to:
- Meet or exceed all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Set annual goals to reduce our environmental impact and strive for continuous improvement.
- Integrate environmental impact as a factor in business decisions, including the suppliers we choose.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle as much waste as possible.
- Encourage suppliers, vendors and business partners to be environmentally friendly.
- Work with suppliers to reduce packaging.
- Encourage and assist employees to use low-impact transportation to and from work and for business travel.
- Avoid unnecessary travel by using instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone and email.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of their individual responsibilities to comply with this policy, while providing effective information and training to encourage individuals to contribute effectively.
- Practice and promote effective pollution prevention, elimination or reduction of wasteful practices and recycling.
- Since most of our emissions come from shipping our orders to customers, make them aware of the impact of rush shipments and the importance of planning ahead.
and impact on the community
SOBEZONE is committed to community involvement. We want to support Canadian communities and strive to improve the lives of Canadians at home, at work and at play. Whether it’s through involvement in non-profit organizations, donating gifts to hospitals or volunteering at community events, being involved in our community is a priority for us and for the organization’s mission.
In addition, we are committed to developing the positive impact of work-life balance on the lives of individuals within our company on a daily basis. We offer an on-site gym to our employees, as well as flexible working hours to allow them to balance their professional, personal and family life.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
As a certified woman-owned company, SOBEZONE believes in diversity and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. Embracing an accessible and inclusive workplace is a priority and SOBEZONE does not tolerate any form of harassment. We also recognize the value of diversity and to date have adopted a supplier diversity program to promote the inclusion of small and diverse businesses in our procurement process.
For more information on our program, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org